Connecting with family and community
At ReSet, we understand how important it is for people to be connected with family and friends while they are in prison. ReSet manages the Family Support Centres at Bandyup, Casuarina, Hakea and Wooroloo prisons. At these Family Support Centres, family and friends will be made to feel welcome and listened to. ReSet staff at the Family Support Centres will be available to talk to visitors, to answer questions, provide emotional support; and to help them to find any other support they need. Our aim is for families to be connected and experience “a good visit”.
Visiting a family member in prison
To avoid the disappointment of not being able to see their family member, visitors should make sure they understand the following when visiting someone in prison:
- Visitors are required to book an appointment 24 hours in advance. To make an appointment call the prison directly from 8.30 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday.
- Casuarina phone 08 9411 5579 and see Casuarina visiting hours and other important information
- Bandyup phone 08 9374 8710 and see Bandyup visiting hours and other important information
- Hakea phone 08 9366 6429 and see Hakea visiting hours and other important information
- Wooroloo phone 08 9573 3088 (must be booked by 3.00 pm Thursday) and see Wooroloo visiting hours and other important information
- On the day of the visit, the visitor must check-in at the Family Support Centre first.
- Visitors will need identification – check the Department’s list of valid forms of ID
- There are strict behaviour codes at the prisons – check the Department’s Visitor Code of Conduct
- Visitors have to dress appropriately – check the Department’s Visitor Dress Standards
- There are also strict rules about what people can and cannot bring into a prison, for more information about this and a range of other things check the Department’s Frequently Asked Questions